Maureen Bass is a Partner and Co-Chair of the firm’s Restructuring, Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Practice Group at Abrams Fensterman, LLP and a member of the firm’s Litigation and Employment groups.
Ms. Bass is a trial attorney counseling and representing businesses and individuals in commercial disputes, employment/discrimination matters and real estate litigation. Ms. Bass is also experienced in bankruptcy, creditors rights and debt restructuring. Her decades of commercial litigation experience includes cases involving breach of contract, enforcement of employment restrictive covenants, accounting malpractice, breach of fiduciary duties, trade secret misappropriation, securities law violations, shareholder disputes, sexual harassment, and discrimination. Ms. Bass commits to understanding her clients’ needs and developing effective strategies to meet their objectives and goals.
Ms. Bass received her Juris Doctorate from Syracuse University College of Law and is a member of the Order of the Coif.
She is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the Western District of New York, the Southern District of New York, the Northern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York, the Western District of New York Bankruptcy Court, the Southern District of New York Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York Bankruptcy Court, and the Eastern District of New York Bankruptcy Court.
- New York
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1999
- Honors: Order of Coif, Summa Cum Laude, Law Review, ATLA Trial Team, NITA Trial Team and Moot Court.
- Tulane University
- B.A. in Political Economy
Honors and Awards
- 2018 M&A Advisor Turnaround Award Winner: Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year.
Publications and Media
- Greece ex-Deputy Chief ‘destroyed’ by Forsythe aftermath says lawyer (rochesterfirst.com), quoted, Rochester First February 2023
- Greece Police officer sues town, police department, and town leaders over handling of former chief’s crash – WHEC.com, mentioned, February 2023
- ‘Scapegoat’: Suspended Greece police officer to sue department, town | RochesterFirst, mentioned, February 2022
- Greece Police officer files notice of claim against department, town | WHAM (13wham.com), mentioned, February 2022
- Rachel Uchitel’s bankruptcy battle against Tiger Woods’ attorney rages on in court, quoted, Fox Business, August 2021
- Tiger Woods’ lawyers want OK to go after Rachel Uchitel for future NDA violations, quoted, New York Post, August 2021
- This Is Rachel Uchitel, Representing Herself, mentioned, The New York Times, August 2021
- NY Mezzanine Foreclosure Ruling May Limit Borrower Options, co-author, Law360, March 2021
- When Ponzi Schemes Collapse, Service Providers May Be in the Cross-Hairs, author, Turnaround Management Association Journal of Corporate Renewal, May 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Monroe County Bar Association Member