David Imamura is an Associate at Abrams Fensterman, LLP and a member of the Civil Litigation and White-Collar Criminal defense practice groups working out of the firm’s White Plains office. His practice also includes New York State Election, Campaign Finance, and Voting Rights law.
Mr. Imamura previously served as Chair of the New York State Independent Redistricting Commission, which was responsible for preparing initial drafts of the State’s Congressional and State Legislature district lines coming out of the 2020 census. He was appointed by State Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins.
Immediately prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Mr. Imamura was an associate at an international law firm in New York City.
Mr. Imamura is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the Southern District of New York. He is a Westchester County Legislator representing District 12 (Ardsley, Dobbs Ferry, Edgemont, Hastings, Hartsdale, and Irvington).
- Co-Author of Goldfeder’s Modern Election Law (6th edition, October 2022)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Dartmouth College, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westchester County Asian American Advisory Board, Co-Chair
- Irvington Democratic Committee, Co-Chair
- Westchester County Human Rights Commission, Member