Jill Braunstein is a Partner at Abrams Fensterman, LLP and a member of the Corporate and Securities Law Practice Group working in the Lake Success office.
Ms. Braunstein has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating complex business transactions for public and private companies, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings, recapitalizations and restructurings. She also regularly represents middle market and start-up companies, business owners, entrepreneurs, investors, and private equity funds with all their corporate needs, including formation, corporate governance, privacy issues, compensation arrangements, capital raising, business succession planning, strategic partnerships, and day-to-day legal and operational issues. Ms. Braunstein provides her clients transaction-specific services with drafting and negotiating an array of contracts, such as operating agreements, shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements, employment agreements, confidentiality and non-competition agreements, and sales, licensing, manufacturing, and distribution agreements.
Ms. Braunstein has a deep understanding of financial markets and securities laws, with experience handling SEC periodic reporting and proxy requirements, Section 16 reporting, Rule 144 sales, and Regulation D exemptions. She counsels clients on the complex rules and regulations of the SEC, NYSE and NASDAQ.
Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Ms. Braunstein was a partner with a mid-size commercial law firm located in Garden City, New York.
Ms. Braunstein received her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law and her B.A. in Economics and Business from The George Washington University.
Ms. Braunstein is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Commentary Editor of Fordham Urban Law Journal
- The George Washington University, B.A., summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa and GWU Economics Achievement Award (top 1%)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Exit Planning Exchange (XPX), Vice President Long Island Chapter
- Cure Dystonia Now, Advisory Board Member
- Financial Women’s Association, Long Island Chapter Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Vice Chair of the Board of Directors and Governance Committee Chair of Pajama Program, a national 501(c)(3) non-profit, 2019-2022
Honors and Awards
- Who’s Who in Women in Professional Services Award, Long Island Business News, 2022