Albert J. Pirro, Jr. is a Partner at Abrams Fensterman, LLP and a member of the Land Use and Zoning practice group working out of the firm’s White Plains office.
Mr. Pirro is a result driven, commercial, transactional land use and zoning attorney with forty-five years in private practice. Mr. Pirro has represented clients throughout the Hudson Valley where his considerable land use experience has resulted in large scale projects such as The Westchester in White Plains, NY, the Centre at Purchase in Purchase, NY, The Summit in Mount Pleasant, NY and a myriad of residential and specialty land use approvals.
This specialty in land use and zoning is accompanied by representation of clients in real estate, commercial, and business transactions. As many transactions require judicial intervention, Mr. Pirro’s expertise includes commercial, land use and corporate litigation, arbitration and mediation.
Mr. Pirro has served as a registered lobbyist in both New York State and Washington, DC where, among other clients, he served the Greater New York Hospital Association and its 300 affiliated hospitals.
Mr. Pirro is admitted to practice in New York State and the U.S. Southern District of New York.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Albany Law School, J.D., 1974
- United States Department of Justice Fellowship, Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, Albany Law School (1971-1974)
- S.U.N.Y. at Albany, M.A., Criminal Justice Administration, 1971
- United States Department of Justice Fellowship, Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, S.U.N.Y. at Albany (1970-1971)
- St. Bonaventure University, B.A., 1969
- Academic Tuition Scholarship, St. Bonaventure University (1965-1969)
- Harrison Approves Mt. Sinai Hospital Cancer Infusion Center, The Examiner News, Featured (November 4, 2022)
- Cancer infusion center approved for Harrison, Westchester County Business Journal, Featured (October 28, 2022)
- What Does Zealous Representation in Mediation Matters Require?, New York Law Journal, (November 15, 2019)
- SEQRA: How to Avoid an Adverse Statute of Limitations Determination, New York Law Journal, (June 20, 2019)
- Improving Spot Zoning Challenges; New York Law Journal, (August 29, 2017)
- When Is a SEQRA Determination Ripe for Judicial Review? New York Law Journal, (June 26, 2017)
- Addressing Municipal Estoppel Upon Invalidly Issued Building Permit; New York Law Journal, (November 2, 2016)
- Considering the Issues When it comes to Selling Property; Real Estate Weekly, (August 15, 2007)
- The Unconstitutionality of Consolidated Planning Boards: Interlocal Planning Under New York Law; Pace Law Review, Vol. 16, No. 3, (Summer 1996)
- Financing Development Projects with the Westchester County IDA, Westchester County Business Journal, (April 24, 1995)
- Public and Private Benefits of Privatization, Area Development, (February 1995)
- The Open Development Area as a Planning and Zoning Device, The Westchester County Bar Journal, (Spring 1988)
- Adjournment In Contemplation of Dismissal; CPL Section 170.56, Albany Law Review, commented (Winter 1974)
- Acupuncture: The Practice of Medicine? Albany Law Review, Vol. 38, No. 4, (Spring 1974)
Pro Bono Services
- City of White Plains Retired Police Benevolent Association
- City of White Plains Retired Managerial/Confidential
- My Sister’s Place Domestic Violence Shelter
- Vietnam Veteran Association
- Westchester Hemophilia Association