New York Family Law Attorneys
Abrams Fensterman, LLP has significant expertise representing clients in all aspects of domestic disputes as well as those with financial needs specific to high-asset families. Our attorneys understand how difficult these matters can be which is why they are committed to delivering the best possible outcomes for clients and their families. With a long history of successfully resolving the most complex and high-stakes matrimonial and family disputes, our family law lawyers leverage their litigation expertise, innovative strategies, and personalized service to ensure client satisfaction.
How Our Family Law Group Can Help
Our matrimonial and family law attorneys represent the best interests of children, mothers and fathers in a variety of areas of the law including:
We also help guide clients through every aspect of family law litigation, including all phases of hearings and trials.
Our team represents clients in all aspects of matrimonial law matters, from pre-nuptial agreements to spousal support agreement modifications. Specifically, our matrimonial law attorneys can help with:
- Negotiating and preparing pre-nuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements and marital separation agreements
- Complex, high net-worth divorces
- Contested and uncontested divorces and legal separations
- Spousal support agreements, both local and interstate
- Equitable distribution of marital assets and marital debts
Child Custody and Support
Child custody and support are one of the most important and often contested areas of family law. Our child custody and support lawyers will help you find an arrangement that has the best interests of you and your children in mind.
We can help with:
- Child custody, parental access and paternity issues
- Child support enforcement and child support modification
- Complex child custody litigation involving legal custody, physical custody, relocation and interstate jurisdiction under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)
Valuation and Distribution of Assets
In divorces, particularly those involving high-net worth individuals, distribution of assets requires careful consideration. Our lawyers provide the following services and work closely with our clients to deliver a favorable settlement:
- Discovery and tracing assets and income, including hidden or wasted
- Valuation and distribution of closely held businesses, professional practices, professional degrees and licenses
- Valuation and distribution of retirement accounts, 401(k) plans, 403 (b) plans, pensions, stocks and bonds, ESOP, deferred compensation
Contact Our Law Firm
Samuel J. Ferrara and RoseAnn C. Branda, the former a member of the prestigious American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and both selected as “Super Lawyers” since 2008, lead a team of lawyers with the expertise to successfully represent clients with sophisticated financial needs. When dealing with high-asset divorces or other complex family law litigation, our attorneys work closely with accountants, actuaries and other forensic experts to analyze complex financial issues and develop strategies to maximize our clients’ best interests.
For further information about family law, please contact our law firm on Long Island at 516-328-2300, in Brooklyn at 718-215-5300, White Plains at 914-607-7010, Rochester at 585-218-9999 or Albany at 518-535-9477 to schedule an initial consultation.