Grace M. Borrino is a Partner at Abrams Fensterman, LLP.
Ms. Borrino practices in the area of matrimonial and family law. During law school, Ms. Borrino was a law clerk at the boutique law practice, Caruso, Caruso & Branda, P.C. She joined Caruso, Caruso & Branda, P.C. as an associate upon her graduation from Brooklyn Law School. Ms. Borrino initially practiced in the areas of Matrimonial and Family Law, Real Estate and Civil Litigation. However, Ms. Borrino has practiced exclusively in the area of Matrimonial and Family Law since 2010.
Ms. Borrino has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers in the Area of Family Law from 2013 through 2020 and has been named a Super Lawyer in the Area of Family Law in 2023.
Ms. Borrino is a trustee of the Brooklyn Bar Association and is also a member of their Family Law Committee. She was also a co-chair of the Young Lawyer’s Section of the Brooklyn Bar Association from 2007-2008.
Ms. Borrino was president of the Bay Ridge Lawyer’s Association where she has been an active member since 2005, she is currently 3rd Vice President of the Columbian Lawyer’s Association of Brooklyn and corresponding secretary of the Confederation of Italian Americans.
Ms. Borrino received her Juris Doctor Degree from Brooklyn Law School where she was awarded the Richardson Merit Scholarship and was chosen to participate in a selective and innovative law school clinic representing low-income cooperatives. Ms. Borrino also graduated cum laude from Saint John’s University where she received the Academic Excellence Award in her major. She was also inducted as a member in the scholastic honor society Phi Eta Sigma.
Ms. Borrino is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- State of New York – January 2006
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, Juris Doctor, June 2005
- Saint John’s University, Jamaica, New York, Bachelor of Science in Business Marketing, cum laude, January 2002
- Matter of Perau v. Ross, 106 AD3d 1013 (2nd Dept. May 2013)
- Rocco v. Rocco, 90 A.D.3d 886 (2nd Dept, December 20th, 2011)
- Ferriola v. Dimarzio, 83 A.D.3d 657 (2 Dept., April 05, 2011)
- Pinhas v. Comperchio,50 A.D.3d 1117, (2 Dept., April 29, 2008)
- Mercaldo v. Navarro, 50 A.D.3d 980 (2 Dept., April 22, 2008)
- Matone v. Sycamore Realty Corp., 50 A.D.3d 978 (2 Dept., April 22, 2008)
- Mazzei v. Licciardi, 47 A.D.3d 774 (2 Dept. January 22, 2008)
Honors and Awards
- Named Champion of Justice by The Brooklyn Daily Eagle – 2019
- Selected as New York Times “Super Lawyer Rising Star” in the area of Family Law – 2013 – 2020
New York State Bar Association 2020 to Present
Family Law Section, Member – 2020 to Present
CLE Committee (Family Law), Member – 2020 to Present
Membership Committee (Family Law), Member – 2020 to Present
Brooklyn Bar Association – 2005 to Present
Trustee – 2020 to Present
Family Law Committee – 2005 to Present
Volunteer – Brooklyn Matrimonial Pro Bono Project – 2014 to Present
Co-Chairperson Young Lawyer’s Section – 2007-2008
Columbian Lawyer’s Association of Brooklyn – 2005 to Present
Board of Directors – 2015 to Present
Board of Directors – 2009 to 2014
Co-Chairperson Young Lawyer’s Section – 2017-2018
Confederation of Columbian Lawyers Association – 2020 to Present
Recording Secretary – 2020 to Present
Bay Ridge Lawyers Association – 2005 to Present
President – 2015 to 2016
Vice President – 2014 to 2015
Recording Secretary – 2013 to 2014
Treasurer – 2012 to 2013
Corresponding Secretary – 2011 to 2012
Board of Directors – 2009 to 2011 and 2017 to 2018
Co-Chairperson – Judiciary Committee – 2009 to 2011
Chairperson – Developments in the Law Committee – 2007 to 2011
Chairperson – Internet Committee – 2006 to Present