Trusted and Experienced New York Health Law Attorneys
Serving Clients in New York City, Long Island, Brooklyn, White Plains, Rochester, and Albany Areas
Abrams Fensterman has one of the largest health care legal practices in New York state, representing over 125 nursing homes, a large number of medical groups and individuals in a variety of complex health care-related matters. Some of our clients include physicians, medical societies, ambulatory surgery centers, diagnostic and treatment centers, hospitals, imaging facilities, dentists, podiatrists, chiropractors, early intervention agencies and other health care providers. This experience has led to our health care lawyers presenting lectures at bar associations, professional organizations, hospitals and colleges.
We have broad legal experience with a wide range of issues facing our valued clients, including:
- Admission, treatment and discharge of patients
- Advanced directives, health care proxies/treatment decisions
- Affiliation and network agreements
- Ancillary provider agreements
- Assisted outpatient treatment orders
- Business formation, corporate law and entity selection
- Business and corporate transactions
- Buy-sell agreements
- Certificate of Need applications
- Contract negotiation, contract enforcement and litigation
- Corporate compliance programs/internal investigations
- Discrimination claims
- Employment, shareholder and partnership agreements
- Employment issues
- Fraud and Abuse
- Government audits and investigations
- HIPAA compliance
- Managed care agreements
- Mental health
- Mergers and acquisitions
- OPMC /OPD investigations and actions
- OPMC Defense & OPD Defense
- Regulatory compliance, licensing and administrative law
- Stark and anti-kickback issues
- Survey certification and enforcement
- Transfer agreements
- Treatment over objection hearings, and other psychiatric/medical proceedings
- Voluntary/involuntary hospitalization and retention matters
Our clients are our top priority. We consistently strive to provide the best possible representation, value-added service, and a comprehensive and creative team approach to every client matter.
Health care providers facing difficult treatment and end-of-life decisions can seek guidance from our health law attorneys, who are well versed in the area of medical decision-making. Our attorneys are available to attend ethics committee meetings and interpret advanced medical directives.
Our health law attorneys also guide health care providers through the New York State Department of Health’s Certificate of Need process, as well as the department’s survey process. When issues of compliance arise, we work with providers to develop plans of correction and represent the providers through the Informal Dispute Resolution process.
Solo and group practitioners choose Abrams Fensterman when:
- Seeking representation before the Department of Health and the Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC)
- Implementing a corporate compliance program
- Acquiring or selling a medical practice
- Negotiating a managed care agreement
- Entering into a joint venture, partnership or employment agreement
- Forming a provider organization
Our health law attorneys represent physicians and physicians’ assistants who are under investigation or who are facing disciplinary board hearings. We have experience representing the interests of health care professionals in a variety of settings, including disciplinary proceedings brought by the OPMC and the Office of Professional Discipline (OPD). We provide knowledgeable representation at every step of the process to help preserve their professional licenses.
Contact Our Law Firm
Our health law attorneys understand the demands of the market. We know how to take care of our clients’ needs. For further information about our health law practice, please contact our law firm today on Long Island at 516-328-2300, in Brooklyn at 718-215-5300, White Plains at 914-607-7010, Rochester at 585-218-9999 or Albany at 518-535-9477.