Ayman H. Soliman is a Partner at Abrams Fensterman, LLP.
Mr. Soliman focuses his practice on health care transactional, compliance, and regulatory matters. He represents a variety of health care providers including Hospitals and Health Systems, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Facilities, IPAs, Durable Medical Equipment providers, Management Service Organizations, Imaging Facilities, medical groups, and physicians.
Mr. Soliman provides counsel and advice on an array of corporate and regulatory issues that affect health care practitioners such as mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures between health care providers, including the formation of “Supergroups”; negotiating and drafting various transactional contracts related to professional and management services, employment and independent contractor services, equipment and space leases, marketing and sales arrangements, laboratory services, and software licensing and service agreements. Also, Mr. Soliman assists business persons involved in the health care field in the area of managing health care facilities or practices.
In addition, Mr. Soliman prepares legal analyses and offers counsel on matters involving anti-kickback laws, physician self-referral laws “Stark Laws”, the False Claims Act and state insurance fraud laws. Furthermore, he advises clients on self-disclosure protocols and voluntary refunds and provides representation in civil and criminal government investigations and whistleblower (qui tam) actions. Mr. Soliman has successfully negotiated several matters with the Office of Inspector General and the Office of Medicaid Inspector General.
Additionally, Mr. Soliman advises clients on HIPAA Privacy and Security standards and assists clients in conducting HIPAA risk assessments. He develops compliance policy and employee training programs, provides representation in compliance investigations and government audits, and counsels on privacy breaches and remediation.
Furthermore, Mr. Soliman advises on Medicare and Medicaid enrollment, private network and managed care contracting and out-of-network provider billing. He counsels on reimbursement and overpayments, and provides representation in CMS, Medicaid, and private payor audits.
Mr. Soliman frequently lectures on various healthcare issues before hospitals, medical groups, and medical associations advising residents on employment agreements, post residency as well as lecturing on risk management and compliance.
Mr. Soliman have been designated a Super Lawyer in New York Health Care Law in 2016 and 2017. He received the Top Attorneys of North America award in 2016 and Top Attorneys in the Metro New York area in 2017. In addition, Mr. Soliman is the recipient of the award of Lawyers of Distinction for 2018 for “Recognizing Excellence in Health Care Law.” He was featured in Long Island Business News in 2014 and 2018 and was recognized in “2018 New York’s Leaders in the Law.”
For five years, Mr. Soliman served as the Administrator of an Article 28, Ambulatory Surgery Center in the New York area.
He received his J.D. degree from New York Law School and a Bachelor of Arts, from the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Mr. Soliman is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
He is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association, American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association and American College of Healthcare Executives.
- New York
- New York Law School, New York, New York, J.D.
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Chair – Health Care Committee
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American College of Healthcare Executives, Member
Honors and Awards
- Leaders in the Law – Health Law, New York Magazine, June 2018
- Who’s Who in Healthcare Law, Long Island Business News, June 2018
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2016-2017
- Top Attorneys of North America by Who’s Who Directories, 2016
- Who’s Who in Healthcare Law, Long Island Business News, June 2014
Publications and Media
- Chewy picks legal dogfight as it makes aggressive push into the pet meds market, New York Post, quoted, (October 2021)
- CLIENT ALERT: Upward Trend in Private Equity Investment in Professional Practices, author, (January 2020)
- CLIENT ALERT: Expansion of Telemedicine in Mental Health Services, author, (January 2020)
- CLIENT ALERT: Recent Developments in Medicare Recovery Audits, author, (November 2019)
Past Employment Positions
- Ambulatory Surgery Center, New York, Administrator