Mordecai Geisler is a Partner in the Litigation Department at Abrams Fensterman, LLP. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and includes a wide range of substantive areas, including contract disputes, real estate, fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, bankruptcy, trust and estates, and shareholder litigation.
Mr. Geisler has represented clients including large financial institutions, international oil and gas companies, and major nonprofit organizations in numerous high-stakes business disputes and governmental enforcement actions before state and federal courts and in arbitration.
Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Mr. Geisler practiced with a historic full-service law firm in New York. He began his career in the Corporate Restructuring Group of an international law firm before joining the New York office of another international law firm as a member of their Business Litigation Group.
Mr. Geisler received his Juris Doctor from New York University School of Law. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania. Mr. Geisler is admitted to practice in New York.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- New York University, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
- Successful defense of an international oil and gas company in a decade-long AAA arbitration and related proceedings in federal courts in Texas and Washington DC, in connection with breach of contract, civil RICO and related fraud claims.
- Successful dismissal of dissolution claims brought by New York Attorney General against large non-profit corporation.
- Favorable settlement for an individual in a Madoff related adversary proceeding in US Bankruptcy Court, with the Trustee seeking to recover in excess of $150 million.
- Successful defense of a Big Four accounting firm in AAA arbitration brought by a former audit client alleging accounting malpractice and breach of contract relating to a decade of audits of three major hospitals and seeking damages in excess of $200 million.
- Successful defense of Bank of New York Mellon in an action brought by a major New York hospital in connection with trusteeship of a hospital patient.
- Favorable settlement representing a Mexican-based global auto parts manufacturer in an ICDR arbitration against its joint venture partner for breach of contract and related claims.
- Favorable settlement defending KPMG Bermuda in a federal securities class action by shareholders of its former audit client, a reinsurance company.
- Represent lenders in commercial and high-end residential real estate foreclosure actions, totaling more than $100 million, including the largest residential foreclosure recorded in New Jersey in 2011.
Amalgamated Bank v. Helmsley-Spear, Inc., 25 N.Y.3d 1098 (2015)
Lee v. Osorio, 184 A.D.3d 417 (1st Dep’t 2020)
Bank of New York Mellon v. Omega Energy International S.A., 2019 WL 4198676 (S.D.N.Y. 2019)
Commissioner of Dept. of Social Services of City of New York v. New York Presbyterian Hospital, 15 N.Y.S.3d 711 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. County 2015)
Grynberg v. BP, P.L.C., 527 Fed.Appx. 278 (5th Cir. 2013)
Grynberg v. BP Exploration Operating Co. Ltd., 92 A.D.3d 547 (1st Dep’t 2012)