Anthony J. Carone is a Partner at Abrams Fensterman, LLP and a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Government Affairs practice groups, working out of the Brooklyn office.
Immediately prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Mr. Carone was the principal attorney at his own law firm focused on Business and Corporate, Real Estate, and Trusts and Estates law. Prior to starting his firm, he was an associate at Otterbourg, PC in the Corporate Restructuring and Asset Based Lending groups where he represented financial institutions, corporations, and other business enterprises. Mr. Carone began his professional career at the U.S. Probation Department for the Eastern District of New York where his duties included review and approval of government contracts with private vendors. In May 1997, Mr. Carone was selected by the United States Courts Second Judicial Circuit for the 1997 Merit Award for outstanding service to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Carone attended Brooklyn Law School and graduated cum laude in 2000. He was a member of the moot court team and received the Best Brief award in the 1999 Domenick Gabrielli National Moot Court Competition. To add to this impressive list of early achievements, he was also selected for the judicial clerkship clinic for US District Court Judge Denny Chin in the Southern District of New York. He graduated from St. John’s University summa cum laude. There, he received the Professors Award for attaining the highest cumulative GPA of all criminal justice majors in his graduating class. In addition, he attained a 4.0 GPA in his particular major. Mr. Carone was also the captain of St. John’s mock trial team that placed in the top-10 in national intercollegiate mock trial tournament. He was also selected for a prestigious honors internship with the US Secret Service and served as an intern in the Internal Affairs Division of the US Customs Service.
Mr. Carone serves as a volunteer arbitrator for Kings County Civil Court, where he acts as an arbitrator of civil disputes. He is admitted to practice in the State of New York and is an active member of the Brooklyn Bar Association, Columbian Lawyers Association, Association of Arbitrators, President Mill Basin/Bergen Beach Lion’s Club 2018-2020 and Knights of Columbus (St. Bernard’s Council).
- New York
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Dean’s List, Best Brief in 1999 National Moot Court Competition
- Academic Merit Scholar
- Lisle Scholar
- CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Moot Court Honor Society
- Judicial Clerkship Clinic- Honorable Denny Chin, U.S. District Court Judge
- St. John’s University, Jamaica, NY, Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, summa cum laude, with a minor in international studies
- Two Almost Always Necessities for Most Successful Business Owners, Quoted, Forbes (March 2015)
- Most Business Owners Do Not Have up-to-Date Estate Plans, but They Should, Quoted, Forbes (February 2015)
- Most Business Owners Are Missing Significant Personal Wealth Enhancement Opportunities, Quoted, Forbes (February 2015)
- Many Hedge Funds Can Significantly Benefit by Using Captive Insurance Companies, Quoted, Forbes (February 2015)
- How Foreign Nationals Use US Life Insurance Policies, Quoted Forbes (January 2015)
- Family Offices Promote Financial Dynasties, Quoted Forbes (November 2014)
- Life Insurance for Billionaires, Quoted Forbes (November 2014)
- Establishing a New IRA? Plan to Be a Multi-Millionaire, Quoted Forbes (November 2014)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
- Columbian Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Arbitrators, Member
- Mill Basin/Bergen Beach Lion’s Club, Member
- Knights of Columbus (St. Bernard’s Council), Member
- Volunteer Arbitrator – Kings County Small Claims Court