Jeffrey R. Neuman
Jeffrey R. Neuman is a Partner at the firm of Abrams Fensterman, LLP in the Lake Success, New York office. Mr. Neuman focuses his practice on all areas of elder law, guardianships, and trusts and estates.
Mr. Neuman was previously the lead litigation attorney for Abrams Fensterman’s Nursing Home Reimbursement and Recovery department, representing health care providers in complex high value litigation and estate claims. Mr. Neuman’s unique combination of experience provides a valuable prospective counseling his clients through health care and asset protection planning, guardianship and estate litigation, intervivos and testamentary trusts (revocable, irrevocable, supplemental needs), last wills and testaments, management of long-term care and Medicaid (eligibility, resource transfers, applications, appeals/Fair Hearings and Article 78s), probate avoidance and wealth and gift tax planning.
Mr. Neuman is experienced with the judiciary in Supreme and Surrogate’s Courts throughout Long Island, all boroughs of New York City and Westchester litigating and accomplished in trials, inquests, depositions, court conferences, motion practice, oral arguments, hearings, special proceedings, discovery, mediations/arbitrations, appellate practice, and post judgment collection.
Mr. Neuman has been selected as a "Rising Star" in New York Civil Litigation by "Super Lawyers" since 2018. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Mr. Neuman is an active member of the New York State Bar Association where he is a member of the Elder Law and Special Needs Section. He is currently and executive committee member, Co-Chair of the Health Law Committee and member of the Legislative Committee of the Elder Law Task Force, both under the Elder Law and Special Needs Section. Mr. Neuman is eligible for court appointments pursuant to Part 36 of the Rules of the Chief Judge of the New York State Unified Court System as Court Evaluator and Attorney for the Alleged Incapacitated Person.
Mr. Neuman is admitted to the New York State Bar and is a member of the New York State Bar Association and Nassau County Bar Association. Mr. Neuman earned his J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law and graduated cum laude.
- New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York, JD 2011, Cum laude
- Hofstra University, Hempstead New York, Bachelor of Arts
Honors and Awards
- New York Metro Super Lawyers "Rising Stars", 2018 - 2022
- Creating the New Normal for Health Care Directives, 32.1 New York State Bar Association Elder and Special Needs Law Journal, Co-Author (April 2022)
- Legal Manual for New York Physicians, 6th Edition, Co-Author (January 2020)
- Ensuring Medicaid Coverage During The COVID-19 Emergency, LeadingAge New York Intelligence, Co-Author (May 5, 2020)
- Pre-Action Discovery: The Underutilized Legal Remedy, New York Law Journal, Co-Author (April 2, 2018)
- Legal Manual for New York Physicians, 5th Edition, Co-Author (January 2018)
Classes and Seminars
- Post-Judgment Proceedings: Turnover Proceedings and Beyond as part of NYSBA CLE program Contested Article 81 Guardianship, Co-Presenter, March 2022
- National Business Institute Continuing Education Program: Collection Law Fundamentals, Instructor, May 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member; Co-Chair of the Health Law Committee of the Elder Law and Special Needs Section
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member