Danielle M. Visvader
Danielle M. Visvader is a Partner in the Guardianship Practice Group at Abrams Fensterman, LLP. Ms. Visvader practices Elder Law and specifically concentrates her practice on guardianship proceedings under Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law for both individuals and institutional clients, including nursing homes and hospitals. She also assists Elder Law clients with Elder Law planning, advance directives, Medicaid, and Trusts. She also handles hearings under Article 9 for the retention and treatment of patients in psychiatric facilities. Finally, Ms. Visvader also handles proceedings for the purchase and sale of real property by fiduciaries under Article 17 of the Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law.
Ms. Visvader is eligible for Court appointments in various counties, including Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, and Westchester, as Guardian, Court Evaluator and Counsel for Alleged Incapacitated Persons, pursuant to Part 36 of the Rules of the Chief Judge of the New York State Unified Court System.
Ms. Visvader is a member of the Board of Directors of the Nassau County Women’s Bar Association. She is also a former member of the Board of Directors of the Nassau County Bar Association and former Co-Chair of the Elder Law, Social Services, & Health Advocacy Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association. Ms. Visvader is a member of the Elder Law Section of the New York State Bar Association.
Ms. Visvader received her B.A. from Fordham University and her J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law, where she served on the Journal of International Business and Law and the Moot Court Association.
Ms. Visvader is also a member of the national Board of Directors of The Children’s Heart Foundation. She rang the NASDAQ opening bell on February 19, 2019 and her remarks were broadcasted in Times Square.
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- Fordham University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association Elder Law Committee, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Former Member Board of Directors
- Nassau County Bar Association, Former Co-Chair, Elder Law Committee
- Nassau County Women's Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2021-2023
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star - 2013 - 2020
- Long Island Business News Leadership in Law Award - 2013
- Outstanding Women in Law - Hofstra Law School - 2016
- Long Island Business News Who's Who in Professional Women - 2022
Classes and Seminars
- Article 81 Guardianship Training - New York State Bar Association CLE - Speaker (October 2021)
Charitable Organizations and Positions
- The Children's Heart Foundation, Member of the Board of Directors
- The Children's Heart Foundation, New York Region Council Head