Family Law Overview
New York Family Law Attorneys
Abrams Fensterman has significant expertise representing clients in all aspects of domestic disputes as well as those with financial needs specific to high asset families. Our matrimonial and family law attorneys represent the best interests of children, mothers and fathers in a variety of areas of the law including:
Samuel J. Ferrara and RoseAnn C. Branda, both members of the prestigious American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and both selected as “Super Lawyers” since 2008, lead a team of lawyers with the expertise to successfully represent clients with sophisticated financial needs. When dealing with high asset divorces or other complex family law litigation, our attorneys work closely with accountants, actuaries and other forensic experts to analyze complex financial issues and develop strategies to maximize our clients' best interests.
Our team represents clients in matters including:
- Complex, high net worth divorce
- Discovery and tracing assets and income, including hidden or wasted
- Valuation and distribution of closely held businesses, professional practices, professional degrees and licenses
- Valuation and distribution of retirement accounts, 401(k) plans, 403 (b) plans, pensions, stocks and bonds
- Complex child custody litigation involving legal custody, physical custody relocation and interstate jurisdiction under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)
For further information about family law, please contact our law firm in Long Island at 516-328-2300, Manhattan at 212-279-9200, Brooklyn at 718-215-5300 or Rochester, New York, at 585-218-9999, to schedule an initial consultation.