Our legal team is committed to providing each client with quality counsel, innovative solutions, and personalized service. Founded in 2000, the firm offers the legal expertise of its 100-plus attorneys, who have accumulated experience and problem-solving skills over decades of practice.
We are a vibrant, busy, and growing full-service law firm looking to add an experienced Calendar Clerk to assist and support our Insurance Defense Group in Brooklyn. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 10 years managing a busy firmwide calendar.
- Schedule and confirm depositions, EUO’s, court reporters, and translators with staff, clients, and other counsel.
- Schedule and make other arrangements for clients to attend all necessary hearings, doctors’ appointments, and exams.
- Prepare and distribute bi-weekly calendar reports to attorneys as requested.
- Experience with filing court documents, including e-filing in both state and civil courts as well as accurately updating the firm’s internal case management system.
- Experience tracking court dates and deadlines for multiple attorneys and pending actions.
- Follow for changes in local Court rules and individual Judge’s rules.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual with multi-tasking skills to be able to maintain a high case volume, a strong work ethic and a desire to excel.
- Great interpersonal skills with professional telephone and email manner.
- Must be able to function with multiple deadlines.
- Familiarity with legal terminology and documents including, but not limited to bill of particulars, orders, discovery motions and response to discovery demands.
- Solid knowledge of computers and software applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) – Centerbase is a plus.
- Friendly demeanor
Please provide references.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $45k-65k
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K, PTO & Life Insurance
This position is based on-site in Brooklyn, NY.