Lewis Kuper is a Partner at Abrams Fensterman, LLP, and a member of the firm’s Real Estate Law practice group, working out of the Brooklyn office.
Mr. Kuper has extensive experience representing sellers, purchasers, landlords, tenants, lenders, and borrowers in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate. His expertise covers the purchase and sale of apartment and office buildings, hotels, and shopping centers; retail, office, big box, and net leases; financings, including leasehold mortgages and mezzanine financing; high end residential property transactions; joint venture and operating agreements; and real estate syndication offerings.
Throughout his career, Mr. Kuper has specialized in cooperative, condominium and New York State Department of Law matters including the following: he has prepared and submitted to the Attorney General’s office over 75 condominium and cooperative offering plans, including, new construction luxury condominium projects, rental conversions, affordable housing and new construction cooperatives; obtaining no filing letters for investment vehicles; and ongoing representation of many co-op and condo boards. In the last several years, he has also represented developers, educational institutions, hospitals, and charities in facilitating real estate tax exemptions by structuring and creating leasehold condominium regimes.
Among the major transactions Mr. Kuper has handled during his career are the following:
- Sale of an independent hotel, including arranging the settlement of all outstanding labor union issues.
- Obtaining a no action letter to create a 2-unit leasehold condominium, consisting of a residential and commercial component, and filing a new construction cooperative offering plan with respect to the multi-family residential unit.
- The closing of the sale of all the units in 28-unit gut renovated condominium building in 1 day.
- Obtained from HPD a complete exemption of the 3% Reserve Fund requirement for a rental property being converted to a condominium that underwent extensive renovations.
Mr. Kuper is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York Law School
- Queens College of the City University of New York