Vivian Breier is a Partner at Abrams Fensterman, LLP and a member of the Health Law and Corporate and Securities Law practice groups working in the Lake Success office. Her practice focuses on corporate transactional law, including the drafting and negotiation of numerous asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, private placements, as well as license, distribution, manufacturing and master agreements, and required ancillary documents for various transactions.
Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Ms. Breier worked at a boutique law firm that acted as general counsel to a public company, a large private company, a not for profit, along with numerous other clients. She also worked at another large Long Island law firm. She spent over 12 years in house, first as Director of Legal Affairs at Toymax International Corp. and then as General Counsel to a Global Technology Company, Aperio CI, Inc. She is now back in a role that is both challenging and familiar. When she first started her career, the economy was in the middle of a recession and with her undergrad degree in finance/MIS she landed a position at a boutique Corporate Manhattan Law Firm that worked on IPO’s and securities litigation during the Drexel era and the Lincoln Financial debacles. From there she worked on numerous Mergers and Acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Ms. Breier earned her Juris Doctorate from Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University in 1991 and earned a B.S. in Finance/MIS from the State University at Albany. She serves as a mentor at Hofstra Law School, has mentored numerous start-up companies, and she is Pro-bono General Counsel for FWA (the Financial Women’s Association) and Co-Chairs the Long Island Chapter of FWA.
Ms. Breier is admitted to practice in the State of New York and is a member of the New York State Bar Association and Nassau County Bar Association. Ms. Breier has over 30 years of legal experience and is happy to share her experiences and knowledge acquired during those years.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.S. Finance/MIS, cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Financial Women’s Association, Co-Chair of LI Committee and General Counsel (Pro-Bono)
- New York State Bar Association, Member (Employment, Corporate, Intellectual Property and International sections)
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member
- Streamlining US-EU Privacy Compliance Through The Safe Harbor Principles, International Bar Association Journal, Co-Author (October 2013)