RoseAnn C. Branda
RoseAnn C. Branda is an Executive Partner and Co-Director of the Family and Matrimonial Law department at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP.
Ms. Branda’s professional focus and concentration encompasses all areas of matrimonial and family law. She is an experienced and skilled lawyer in both settlement negotiation and, where necessary, aggressive trial litigation. Her expertise in family law assists her clients in resolving their personal and sensitive matters with grace and dignity. She is passionate about having her clients understand the process and attempt to see the “big picture”.
Ms. Branda graduated Brooklyn Law School in 1984, a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. Following admission to the Bar, she began her career at the law firm of Caruso & Caruso, P.C., quickly gaining recognition for her advocacy and legal skills. In 1992, she became a Partner in the law firm of Caruso, Caruso & Branda, P.C.
In 2014, Ms. Branda was appointed to serve as a member of the Matrimonial Practice Advisory and Rules Committee by then Chief Administrative Judge of the State of New York, the Honorable A. Gail Prudenti. She was also appointed by both Judge Prudenti and the Hon. Randall T. Eng, Presiding Justice of the Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department and still serves as the Chair of the Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for the Second and Thirteenth Judicial Districts. She is a member of the Committee on Character and Fitness for the Second, Tenth, Eleventh and Thirteenth Judicial Districts and also serves as a member of the Judicial Hearing Officer Selection Advisory Committee for the Second, Eleventh and Thirteenth Judicial Districts. From 1997 to 2005 Ms. Branda served as a member of the Grievance Committee for the Second and Eleventh Judicial Districts.
Recognized as well for her ethics, professionalism and integrity, Ms. Branda chaired the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Attorney Professionalism from 2008 to 2010. Ms. Branda proudly held the office of President for the Brooklyn Bar Association as well as the Bay Ridge Lawyers Association. She also served as the President of the Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn. Ms. Branda has chaired the Family Law Section of the Brooklyn Bar Association and has also served on the New York State Bar Executive Committee for the Family Law Section as a representative of the Second District.
Ms. Branda’s hard work and commitment to both her clients and practice is second to none, she mirrors the true image of a consummate legal advocate. She has been consistently recognized by her peers, clients and the community at large for her talent, ethics and passion within the field of matrimonial law, having been designated as a New York Super Lawyer every year since 2008, as one of New York’s Women Leaders in the Law for 2016 and more recently recognized by The Best Lawyers of America in 2018 through 2020. She has earned one of the most prestigious distinctions in the country from Martindale- Hubbell where she was named a Top Rated New York Women Leader for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability.
- State of New York – 1985
- U.S. District Court (Eastern District) – 1985
- U.S. District Court (Southern District) – 1985
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York- J.D.
- Moot Court Honor Society – Alumni Member
- Wagner College, Staten Island, NY – B.A.
Honors and Awards
- 2010 Recipient of the Brooklyn Bar Association Foundation, Inc. Annual Award
- Selected as a New York “Super Lawyer,” Family Law - 2008 through 2018
- Selected as a Best Lawyer of America, Family Law - 2018 through 2020
- 2006 Recipient of the Brooklyn Bar Association Distinguished Service Award
- 2006 Recipient of the Brooklyn Council, Boy Scouts of America Lawyers “Good Scout” Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
President - 2007 to 2008
Chair-Family Law Section - 1998 to the Present
Vice-Chair Attorney-Client Fee Dispute
Resolution Program for Matrimonial Matters
Member, Judiciary Committee
- Columbian Lawyer’s Association of Brooklyn
President - 2015 to 2016
- New York State Bar Association
Chair, Committee on Attorney Professionalism - 2008 to 2010
Delegate, House of Delegates - 2005 to 2009
Executive Committee Family Law Section - 2014 to 2015
Representative of the Second District
- Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert
Member of Board of Directors Committee on Membership - 2011 to 2016
Barrister Member The Nathan R. Sobel Kings County Section - 2002 to 2008
- Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association
Member - 2000 to Present
- Bay Ridge Lawyers Association
Past President - 1993-1994
- Member of the new Matrimonial Practice Advisory and Rules Committee - 2014 to Present
- Chair of the Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for the Second and Thirteenth Judicial Districts - 2012 to Present
- Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for the Second and Thirteenth Judicial Districts - Member Since 2009
- Member of the Committee on Character & Fitness for the Second, Tenth, Eleventh and Thirteenth Judicial Districts - 2007 to Present
- Member of Judicial Hearing Officer Selection Advisory Committee for the Second, Eleventh and Thirteenth Judicial Districts - 2009 to Present
- Member of Grievance Committee for the Second and Eleventh Judicial Districts - 1997 to 2005
Matter of Perau v. Ross, 106 AD3d 1013 (2nd Dept. May 2013)
Rocco v. Rocco, 90 A.D.3d 886 (2nd Dept, December 20th, 2011)
Natalia Khlevner vs. Ruslan Khlevner - 48 A.D.3d 428 (2nd Dept. 2008)
Ivani vs Ivani - 303 A.D.2d 639 (2nd Dept. 2003)
Maddalena vs Maddalena - 217 A.D.2d 606 (2nd Dept. 1995)
Cherfas v Wolf 2008 NY Slip Op 51397(U) [20 Misc 3d 1118(A)]
Cherfas v Wolf 2007 NY Slip Op 51802(U) [17 Misc 3d 1102(A)]
Publications and Media