Abrams Fensterman's elder law attorneys represent older and disabled persons and their families regarding all aspects of financial planning, preparing for catastrophic illness and elder abuse. A complex and multifaceted area of the law, our experienced and skilled elder law attorneys educate and counsel clients regarding intricate life and estate planning decisions. We also assist families dealing with a medical crisis and the accompanying nursing home placement, as well as government benefit concerns. Our elder law lawyers oversee all of the aspects of an asset protection plan and provide comprehensive legal advice to the elderly client and his or her family.
Our elder law team provides legal advice in areas such as:
- Asset protection planning
- Conservatorships and guardianships
- Elder abuse
- Estate planning and estate tax planning
- Governmental benefit eligibility planning
- Health insurance and planning
- Last will and testament
- Life insurance planning
- Living wills and durable powers of attorney
- Long-term disability and short-term disability insurance
- Medicaid planning, Medicaid eligibility, and Medicaid applications and appeals
- Nursing home placement and long-term health care planning
- Powers of attorney and health care proxies
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Special needs planning
Many families fail to realize that the law lets them arrange their finances so that they don't have to spend all of their money on long-term health care. Our skilled elder law lawyers will thoroughly and comprehensibly explain all of the pertinent laws to our valued clients, advise them on their most beneficial options, and assist our clients and their families through this often confusing yet very important time of their lives.
For further information about our elder law services, please contact our law firm on Long Island at 516-328-2300, in Brooklyn at 718-215-5300, White Plains at 914-607-7010, Rochester at 585-218-9999 or Albany at 518-535-9477 to schedule an initial consultation.