Joy Jankunas is a Partner at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP. Ms. Jankunas represents the firm’s clients in all aspects of matrimonial and family law at the trial court and appellate levels.
After graduating Georgetown University Law Center, Ms. Jankunas litigated complex criminal and government regulatory cases at a prominent Manhattan law firm. She then practiced matrimonial and family law at Sanctuary for Families, New York’s leading non-profit organization dedicated exclusively to serving domestic violence victims and their children. Immediately prior to joining Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara & Wolf, LLP, Ms. Jankunas practiced matrimonial law at a boutique family law practice on Long Island.
Ms. Jankunas was recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers from 2014 through 2018 and was a winner of the 2009 Distinguished Legal Writing Award from the Library of Congress and the Burton Awards for Legal Achievement. She is a member of the Matrimonial Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association and a past member of the New York City Bar Association’s Committee on Pro Bono and Legal Services.
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Georgetown Law Journal, Notes and Comments Edition
- Duke University, B.A., Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Matrimonial Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association - Member
- New York City Bar Association’s Committee on Pro Bono and Legal Services - Past Member
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Women in Law, Hofstra Law School - 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star - 2014 - 2018
- Distinguished Legal Writing Award from the Library of Congress - 2009
- Burton Awards for Legal Achievement