Melanie I. Wiener is a Partner at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP.
Ms. Wiener is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on insurance defense and personal injury, but she also has experience handling civil and health care litigation. Ms. Wiener is responsible for all aspects of litigation including trials, hearings, depositions, oral argument, meditations and arbitrations.
Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Ms. Wiener worked at a firm in Garden City, NY, gaining experience in numerous areas of law, including civil litigation, personal injury, real estate transactions, and estate planning.
Ms. Wiener has been selected as a “Super Lawyers Rising Star” in New York Health Care Law from 2014-2017 and in New York Business Litigation in 2017. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Ms. Wiener earned her B.S. in 2002 from Ithaca College and her J.D. in 2006 from Hofstra University Law School. Ms. Wiener is licensed to practice law in the State of New York.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York - J.D.-2006
- Ithaca College, Ithaca, New York - B.S.-2002
- The Evolution of the Common-Law Doctrine of Medical Necessaries: A Gender-Neutral Remedy in The Nassau Lawyer, June 2016
- Navigating Creditors' Rights in the Surrogate's Courts, New York Law Journal, June 2, 2015
- Protection and Privacy: Applying for A Guardian Ad Litem Without Violating HIPAA, Nassau Lawyer, June 1, 2015
- Legal Manual for NY Physicians, Fourth Edition, NYSBA (Contributing Author - Chapter 18, Debt Collection)
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014 - 2017)
- Outstanding Women in Law - Hofstra Law School - 2016