Sharon P. Stiller
Sharon Stiller is a Partner and Director of the Employment Law Practice at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP.
Ms. Stiller advises businesses and executives about employment law, represents businesses in federal and state labor department audits, and litigates employment matters, including state and federal wage and hour, discrimination, contract, confidentiality, non-compete, and similar claims. She also helps businesses audit their employment practices, and drafts employment contracts, manuals, policies, and separation and release agreements. She is a frequent trainer for businesses in sexual harassment, employment, law, social media issues, disability discrimination, and affordable health care compliance.
Ms. Stiller is a fellow of the prestigious College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, and is the author of two treatises on employment law, Employment Law in New York (2nd Series) (West Group 2012) (Volume 13A of the New York State Practice Series) and the national treatise, Expert Witnesses: Employment Cases (Thomson West 2008-2009). She is an author for Practitioner Insights, a Thomson Reuters offering on the WestlawNext legal research platform. Ms. Stiller has been appointed to the American Arbitration Association Panel of Neutrals for Employment Law, for both mediated and arbitrated claims. Ms. Stiller has lectured about employment law for the New York State Bar Association, the Monroe County Bar Association, and other organizations. Ms. Stiller served as Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the New York State Bar Association.
Ms. Stiller has been recognized for her legal work and community service, and received the Volunteer Legal Services Project William C. McKnight Volunteer Service Award from the Monroe County Bar Association, the Kate Stoneman award from Albany Law School, the Raymond J. Pauley Award, from the Monroe County Bar Association, and the Rochester Women's Network's "W" Award. She has been named one of the top 25 Women Lawyers in Western New York. Ms. Stiller has been designated a “Super Lawyer” from 2007-Present, a distinction earned by only five percent of the lawyers in the Upstate New York area. She was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 - 2022 in employment law. In 2020, Ms. Stiller was recognized as Lawyer of the Year for Employment Law by The Best Lawyers in America®. She has also served as an expert witness in the area of employment law. Ms. Stiller was recently elected President of the Board of Governors of the Irondequoit Country Club in Rochester, NY. Founded in 1916, Ms. Stiller is the first female board chair of the club.
Ms. Stiller received a J.D. from Albany Law School where she was Notes Editor, Albany Law Review and a B.A., magna cum laude, from the State University of New York at Albany.
Ms. Stiller is admitted to practice in New York and the District of Columbia.
- New York, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1979
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 1977
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1976
- District of Columbia, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- Albany Law School at Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1975
- Honors: Notes Editor, Albany Law Review
- State University of New York, Albany, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts (Magna Cum Laude) - 1972
Published Works and Seminars
Honors and Awards
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, 2020
- Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce & Women’s Council Athena International Award Finalist, 2020
- Volunteer Legal Services Project William C. McKnight Volunteer Service Award, 2018
- New York Super Lawyer, 2007-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year - Employment Law, 2020
- Pauley Award Monroe County Bar Association, 1999
- W Award, Rochester Women's Network, 1997
- Kate Stoneman Award, 2007
- Seneca Falls Hall of Fame, Wall of Fame, 1997
- The World Who's Who of Women, 1988
- Who's Who of Emerging Leaders in America, 1990
- Who's Who Among Emerging Leaders, 1987-1988
- Distinguished American Leaders, 1987-1988
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Executive Committee Member, Co-Chair Continuing Education Committee
- Monroe County Bar Association, former Trustee
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Monroe Community College, Adjunct Professor, Business Law, 1980- 2013
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys, Former President, 1988-1990
- Zonta International, Former President and Area Director, 1977- 1985
- Community Partners for Youth, Incorporated, Former President, 1985-1987