Moriah Adamo is a Partner at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP.
Ms. Adamo represents clients through all phases of maximizing governmental benefits from planning through appeals. Regularly prosecuting all stages of Medicare and Medicaid appeals, including preparing and advocating for appellants at Fair Hearings and Article 78 proceedings, provides Ms. Adamo with unique experience. She applies that knowledge to assist families planning for and experiencing long term health care needs. Ms. Adamo has successfully represented clients to secure and maximize increased rehabilitation and home care hours, reverse penalty periods, and eliminate findings of excess resources. State and Federal Courts have certified Ms. Adamo as an expert witness in the substantive area of Medicaid in civil and criminal matters.
In the Guardianship proceedings, Ms. Adamo marries litigation skills with extensive knowledge of Medicaid to achieve pragmatic results for incapacitated individuals. Not only has she represented litigants in both contested and uncontested proceedings, but she regularly receives judicial appointments to serve as counsel to alleged incapacitated persons and guardians.
Ms. Adamo is a frequent lecturer on the various Medicaid, Guardianship and estate planning topics. Ms. Adamo has co-authored published articles examining various issues involving maximization of Medicaid benefits. Ms. Adamo has lobbied the State Legislatures regarding important Medicaid programs, advocating for protection of disabled New Yorkers. She is the chair of the community relations and public education committee at the Nassau County Bar Association. She is the former co-chair of the Nassau County Bar Association’s Elder Law, Social Services & Health Advocacy Committee. In addition, she serves as co-chair of the New York State Bar Association's Elder Law and Special Needs Section's Health Law Committee.
Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Ms. Adamo was an associate at a boutique long island elder law firm.
Ms. Adamo graduated from Arizona State University, manga cum laude, and Touro Law School, summa cum laude. At Touro Law School, Ms. Adamo was a faculty fellow, recipient of a judicial clerkship fellowship, a merit scholar, and a member of the moot court team.
Ms. Adamo has been selected as a "Rising Star" in New York Elder Law by "Super Lawyers" from 2014 - 2018. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude, Faculty Fellow, Recipient of a Judicial Clerkship Fellowship, Merit Scholar, Moot Court Team Member
- Arizona State University
Honors and Awards
- New York Metro Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2014 – 2018)
- Long Island Power Woman in Business, Schneps Communications (2018)
- Jimmo: The Maintenance Standard Applied to Skilled Nursing Facility Services, New York Bar Association, Elder and Special Needs Law Journal, August 2019, (author)
- The Coming Crisis in Appointing Art. 81 Guardians, The Nassau Lawyer, June 2016 (co-author)
- Reflecting on Scope of Guardianship Appointments, New York Law Journal, Outside Counsel, November 20, 2011 (co-author)
- The Provider's Role in Proving Undue Hardship, New York Bar Association, Elder and Special Needs Law Journal, Fall 2012 (assisted)
- Paying for Long-Term Care, New York State Bar Association Journal, July/August 2011 (co-author)
- Covering Guardianship Costs in a Post-‘Deanna W’ World, New York Law Journal, Outside Counsel, January 6, 2011 (co-author)
Classes and Seminars
- Estate Planning in the Age of COVID-19 - Baldwin Public Library - Presenter (April 2020)
- Adult Guardianships: Prevention & Intervention - Nassau County Bar Association - Speaker
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nassau County Bar Association's Community Relations & Public Education Committee, Chair, 2017-2019
- New York State Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Member
- Co-Chair of the Nassau County Bar Associations' Elder Law, Social Services and Health Advocacy Committee
- Chair of the Nassau County Guardianship Task Force
- Nassau County Women's Bar Association, Member