Melanie I. Wiener
Melanie I. Wiener is a Partner at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP.
Ms. Wiener is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Insurance Defense Departments. She is a seasoned trial attorney who has taken numerous cases to verdict. Her practice focuses on insurance defense and personal injury, but she also has experience handling civil and health care litigation. Ms. Wiener is responsible for all aspects of litigation including trials, hearings, depositions, oral argument, mediations and arbitrations.
Ms. Wiener has represented clients involved in a variety of insurance defense cases involving premises liability, construction accidents and related New York State Labor Law claims, commercial vehicle accidents and related breach of contract and indemnification issues, as well as coverage issues.
Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Ms. Wiener worked at a firm in Garden City, NY, gaining experience in numerous areas of law, including civil litigation, personal injury, real estate transactions, and estate planning.
Ms. Wiener earned her B.S. in 2002 from Ithaca College and her J.D. in 2006 from Hofstra University Law School. Ms. Wiener is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. She is an active member of the Brooklyn Bar Association, Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association and Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn.
Ms. Wiener has been selected as a “Super Lawyers Rising Star” in New York Health Care Law from 2014-2016 and in New York Business Litigation from 2017-2019. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York - J.D.-2006
- Ithaca College, Ithaca, New York - B.S.-2002
'Eerie': Lawyers Who Tried NYC's First Jury Trials of the COVID Era Adapt to Transformed Courtrooms, New York Law Journal, quoted, October 2020
- The Evolution of the Common-Law Doctrine of Medical Necessaries: A Gender-Neutral Remedy, The Nassau Lawyer, author, June 2016
- Navigating Creditors' Rights in the Surrogate's Courts, New York Law Journal, author, June 2, 2015
- Protection and Privacy: Applying for A Guardian Ad Litem Without Violating HIPAA, Nassau Lawyer, June 1, 2015
- Legal Manual for NY Physicians, Fourth Edition, NYSBA (Contributing Author - Chapter 18, Debt Collection)
Honors and Awards
- New York Metro Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2014 - 2019)
- Outstanding Women in Law - Hofstra Law School - 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
- Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn, Member