Mark A. Longo
Mark A. Longo is a Partner and member of the Insurance Defense practice group at Abrams Fensterman, LLP. Mr. Longo’s practice focuses on personal injury tort and insurance litigation, general civil litigation and attorney discipline matters. Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Mr. Longo was a principal attorney at his own firm.
Mr. Longo has been an active trial attorney for almost forty years having litigated and tried court cases representing defendants and their carriers in personal injury suits and coverage cases as well as representing plaintiffs in personal injury jury trials and insurance coverage matters.
Mr. Longo has served and continues to serve on numerous Judicial Screening Committees for various Bar organizations considering qualifications or members/candidates for the State Court Bench and has lectured extensively to attorneys for Mandatory Continuing Legal Education on the subjects of insurance and tort litigation, professional ethics, civil litigation and civil trial practice.
Mr. Longo served on the New York Task Force in the Profession and was co-chair of the New York State Second Judicial District Committee on Reduction of Litigation Cost and Delay; the New York State Bar Association Torts Insurance and Compensation Section and Trial Lawyers Section as Second Judicial District Representative, and was a past chair of the New York State Bar Association Special Committee on Procedures for Judicial Discipline.
Mr. Longo served on the Mayor’s Advisory Committee on the Judiciary and is presently a member of the Kings County Democratic Party Judicial Screening Committee. He also serves as legal counsel to professional medical associations.
Mr. Longo received the New York State Bar Association Attorney Professionalism Award in 2010. He is a past president of the Brooklyn Bar Association and received the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2000. He also received the New York State Bar Association Pro Bono Service Award for the Second Judicial District.
Mr. Longo earned his Juris Doctorate from Widener University School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Fordham College.
Mr. Longo is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- New York
- U.S. District Court – Southern District
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District
- United States Supreme Court
- Widener University School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham College, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association House of Delegates - Member (1993 – 1997); (1999 - 2000)
- Brooklyn Bar Association - President (1996 – 1997), Chair, Audit Committee
- Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project – Member, Board of Trustees
- American Board of Trial Attorneys – Member
- American Bar Association – Delegate (1996 – 1997)
- New York City Trial Lawyers Association – President
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn – Member
- New York State Grievance Committee for the Appellate Division, Second Department, Second and Eleventh Judicial Districts – Chair (1994 – 2002)
- Nathan R. Sobel Inns of Court - President