John M. Piccirillo
John M. Piccirillo is a Partner at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP. Mr. Piccirillo is a member of the firm’s Civil Litigation Department as well as a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Department, where his practice focuses on the areas of personal injury and property damage defense.
Mr. Piccirillo has been a litigator for over twenty years, and he is responsible for all aspects of litigation, including trials, hearings, taking and defending depositions, oral argument, mediations and arbitrations. Mr. Piccirillo has successfully represented clients in both state and federal courts in all aspects of premises liability matters, motor vehicle accidents and property damage actions. Additionally, Mr. Piccirillo has drafted appellate briefs and argued appeals before the First and Second Department.
Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Mr. Piccirillo worked as in-house counsel for a large national insurance carrier where his practice focused on the defense of serious personal injury matters and the defense of complex, high exposure, multi-party subrogation and property damage actions. Before his in-house counsel position, Mr. Piccirillo was an associate in a law firm specializing in prosecuting a wide range of subrogation actions including complex, multi-party actions for various regional and national insurance carriers, including Chubb, AIG and Allstate, among numerous others. Prior to that, Mr. Piccirillo worked for a law firm specializing in real estate matters.
Mr. Piccirillo received a B.A. from the State University of New York at Albany and a J.D. from Widener University Delaware Law School. While in law school, Mr. Piccirillo was a regional semi-finalist representing his law school in the American Bar Association’s Negotiation Competition.
Mr. Piccirillo is admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Widener University Delaware Law School. J.D. – 1996
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A. – 1993
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member; former Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Section
- Catholic Lawyers Guild, Member
- Columbian Lawyers Association, Member
- Certified New York City Small Claims Court Arbitrator
- Community Board 18, Brooklyn, New York, Member
- Bergen Beach Civic Association, Officer
- NY Rising Community Reconstruction Program – Southeast Brooklyn Waterfront, Member
- (appointed by Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery)
- St. Bernard Knights of Columbus, Grand Knight
- St. Bernard Parish Finance Council, Member
- St. Bernard Catholic Academy, Marketing Sub-Committee, Member