Jill Goffer is a Partner at Abrams Fensterman, LLP within the firm's Family Law group.
Ms. Goffer received her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 2002. While in law school, she interned for the Honorable William Rigler, Supreme Court Justice of Kings County where she earned the Judge Barry Hurowitz Memorial Award for outstanding performance by a judicial intern in the Supreme Courts of the State of New York.
Since her graduation from law school, Ms. Goffer has worked exclusively in the areas of matrimonial and family law. She continues to represent clients of high net worth in complex matrimonial matters. Prior to joining Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP, Ms. Goffer was of counsel to a well-known Nassau County law firm. Previously, she headed the matrimonial department at a mid-size Manhattan firm.
Ms. Goffer was appointed to the executive matrimonial committee of the New York City Bar Association and served on that elite committee for three years. She presently sits on the executive committee of the New York State Bar Association - Family Law section and is a member of the Matrimonial Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association.
Ms. Goffer has been designated as a New York Super Lawyer since 2018, a distinction earned by only 5% of the lawyers in the NY metro area.
Ms. Goffer is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York – JD
- State University of New York, Binghamton, New York – BA
Honors and Awards
- New York Metro Super Lawyers - Family Law, 2018 - 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York City Bar Association, Member and Former Executive for the Matrimonial Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Member and Executive Committee of the Family Law section
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member, Matrimonial Law Committee