Jeffrey R. Neuman
Jeffrey R. Neuman is a Partner at the firm of Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP in the Lake Success, New York office. Mr. Neuman focuses his practice on all areas of Nursing Home Litigation including Collection, Guardianship, Estate and Medicaid. Mr. Neuman is responsible for all aspects of the department’s litigation functions in these focus areas including conducting trials, inquests and depositions, attending court conferences, oral arguments, hearings and mediations/arbitrations, preparation of pleadings, discovery and motions, fiduciary claims and accountings and participating in settlement negotiations. Mr. Neuman is also responsible for conducting Medicaid Fair Hearings.
Prior to joining Abrams, Fensterman, Mr. Neuman worked at a Long Island, New York, law firm focusing on the areas of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Real Estate, Medicaid Planning and Special Needs Planning.
Mr. Neuman has been selected as a "Rising Star" in New York Civil Litigation by "Super Lawyers" since 2018. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Mr. Neuman is admitted to the New York and New Jersey State Bars, and is a member of the New York State Bar Association. Mr. Neuman earned his J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law and graduated cum laude.
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- Degree: JD 2011
- Cum laude
- Hofstra University, Hempstead New York
Honors and Awards
- New York Metro Super Lawyers "Rising Stars", 2018 - 2020
- Ensuring Medicaid Coverage During The COVID-19 Emergency, Co-Author, LeadingAge New York Intelligence, (May 5, 2020)
- Pre-Action Discovery: The Underutilized Legal Remedy, Co-Author, New York Law Journal, (April 2, 2018)
- Legal Manual for New York Physicians, 5th Edition, Co-Author, (January 2018)
Classes and Seminars
- National Business Institute Continuing Education Program: Collection Law Fundamentals, Instructor, May 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Nassau County Bar Association, Member