Bill Coleman is an Associate at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP. Mr. Coleman’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and arbitration, construction litigation, mechanics lien foreclosure, commercial landlord/tenant, contract review and labor/employment litigation.
Prior to joining Abrams, Fensterman, Mr. Coleman was of counsel to a prestigious commercial firm in Westchester County, New York.
Mr. Coleman earned his J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Connecticut.
Mr. Coleman is a member of the New York State Bar Association and is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the District of Columbia.
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Syracuse University College of Law J.D.
- University of Connecticut B.A., Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Represented various general contractors and subcontractors in commercial litigation and arbitration including mechanics lien foreclosure and related claims;
- Successfully defended individual shareholders in New York State Supreme Court litigation involving alleged breach of licensing and supply agreement between corporate entities;
- Negotiated settlement of litigation and arbitration proceedings on behalf of officers of management consulting firm, including allegations of breach of employment agreement with restrictive covenant and misappropriation of corporate property;
- Conducted trials in state and federal courts involving commercial disputes and breach of contract claims;
- Obtained verdict on behalf of property owner after trial in New York State Supreme Court in dispute over roofing contract;
- Obtained an order on behalf of a large financial institution dismissing civil rights claims in federal court which alleged damages in the sum of $55,000,000 for alleged racial discrimination and unfair credit reporting practices;
- Negotiated resolution of proceedings alleging discriminatory hiring practices before the Westchester County Human Rights Commission on behalf of a corporate client;
- Successfully represented condominium board on appeal in litigation brought by unit owner challenging condominium rules and regulations;
- Successfully represented commercial landlord in numerous commercial landlord tenant proceedings;
- Obtained a court order on behalf of retail optical corporations dismissing federal and state employment discrimination claims.