Andrea M. Brodie
Andrea M. Brodie is a Partner at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP in the Family and Matrimonial Law group. Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Ms. Brodie worked at another prominent family law boutique firm as their senior associate with an emphasis almost exclusively on family and matrimonial cases.
While in law school, Ms. Brodie interned for Hon. Jeffrey S. Brown in the Nassau County Supreme Court Matrimonial Center, Hon. Conrad D. Singer in the Nassau County Family Court, and the Coalition Against Domestic Violence. She also represented children in abuse and neglect cases as well as special immigrant matters in Nassau and Queens Family Courts as part of Hofstra's Child Advocacy Clinic.
Ms. Brodie is actively involved in numerous legal organizations and associations, including: the Board of Directors for the Nassau County Bar Association, the Nassau County Women’s Bar Association's Executive Committee as Vice President and the New York Family Law American Inn of Court. Ms. Brodie presently serves as Co-Chair with the Hon. Jeffrey Goodstein to the Steven J. Eisman New Lawyer/Judiciary Relations Task Force. She previously served as a co-chair of the Nassau County Women’s Bar Association’s Matrimonial and Family Law Committee from 2011-2015 and advisory member to the Nassau Academy of Law from 2012-2017. Ms. Brodie was a prior Chair of the Nassau County Bar Association's Young Lawyers Committee and served as a member of the Nassau County Bar Association Board of Directors as the Young Lawyers Chair. Ms. Brodie is an active member of the Matrimonial Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association, as well as, other committees within these organizations.
Ms. Brodie was selected as a 40 Under 40 by Long Island Business News in 2018, an Outstanding Woman in Law by Hofstra University School of Law in 2017, 40 Stars Under 40 by Star Network (The Queens Courier) in 2016 and Top 40 Under 40 by The National Advocates in 2015 through 2017. She has also been selected as a "Rising Star" in New York Family Law by "Super Lawyers" since 2013. She also received the Nassau County Women's Bar Association's Bessie Ray Geffner Memorial Award in June 2012 and the 2012-2013 Young Alumni Award from the Honors College at the University of Arizona.
Ms. Brodie received her J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law with a Concentration and Citation of Excellence in Child and Family Advocacy. Ms. Brodie graduated magna cum laude from the University of Arizona as an inducted member into the scholastic honorary, Phi Beta Kappa, and a President and Provost Scholar. Ms. Brodie is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and the District of Columbia.
- New York
- U.S District Court, Eastern District of New York
- District of Columbia
Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York - JD
- Honors: Citation of Excellence in Child and Family Advocacy
University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona - BA
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, President Scholar, Provost Scholar
Honors and Awards
- 40 Under 40, Long Island Business News, February 2018
- Outstanding Women in Law, Hofstra Law School, April 2017
- Access To Justice Pro Bono Honoree, April 2016
- 40 Stars Under 40, Star Network, February 2016
- The National Advocates Top 40 Under 40, 2015
- Selected by SuperLawyers in Family Law as a Rising Star, 2013-2018
- Nassau County Women's Bar Association's Bessie Ray Geffner Memorial Award, June 2012
- Young Alumni Award from the Honors College at the University of Arizona, 2012--2013
Classes and Seminars
- Nassau County Bar Association Inns of Court Meeting Presentation: Ethical Obligation to Report Misconduct, Presenter, January 2019
- Nassau County Bar Association Dean's Hour CLE Program: The Interests of Child and Parent in Tape Recording Conversations: The New Issues Caused by People v. Badalamenti, Panelist, April 2017
- Adjunct Professor, Foundation Lawyering Skills, Hofstra Law School, Fall 2016 Semester
- Marriage and Divorce: An Overview of Rights, Obligations and Options for Non-Traditional Couples, Nassau Lawyer, November 2011. Co-authored with Lee Rosenberg, Esq.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Family Law American Inn of Court, Member, 2015 - present
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2013-2015; 2016-present
- Young Lawyers Committee, Chair, 2013-2015
- New York State Bar Association, Alternate Delegate, 2015-2016
- Steven J. Eisman New Lawyers/Judiciary Relations, Co-Chair
- WE CARE, Young Lawyers Committee Liaison
- Women's Bar Association of Nassau County
- Vice-President, 2017
- Executive Committee, Treasurer, 2015 - 2017
- Board of Directors, Member, 2012-2015
- Matrimonial and Family Law Committee, Co-Chair, 2011-2015
- Nassau Academy of Law, Member
- New York State Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Member
- Young Lawyers Section, Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Member