Andrea J. Caruso
Andrea J. Caruso is a Partner with Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara, Wolf & Carone, LLP. She was previously an Associate with Caruso, Caruso & Branda, P.C. starting in 2010 when she graduated law school.
Ms. Caruso’s practice is primarily focused in Real Estate and Commercial Litigation. She represents clients involved in a wide variety of property litigation including partition actions, adverse possession, easements, breach of contracts, commercial lease disputes, constructive trusts, among other matters. Additionally, Ms. Caruso has experience in Surrogate’s Court with contested and non-contested Probate Proceedings, Administration proceedings and miscellaneous proceedings.
Ms. Caruso received her J.D. from Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University and her undergraduate degree from Colgate University. While in law school, Ms. Caruso was a semifinalist in the Long Island Moot Court Competition and was chosen to the Dean’s Student Advisory Council. Ms. Caruso interned for the Hon. Joseph Covello, Associate Justice of the New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division Second Judicial Department as well as at the Federal Trade Commission as a Bureau of Competition legal intern.
Ms. Caruso has been selected as a "Rising Star" in New York Civil Litigation by "Super Lawyers" from 2018 - 2020. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. Ms. Caruso has been selected as a Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch" for Real Estate Law since 2021.
Ms. Caruso is admitted to practice law in the State of New York.
- New York, 2010
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York, 2012
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, J.D.
- Colgate University, B.A. Economics
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers "Ones To Watch", 2021 - 2022
- New York Metro Super Lawyers " Rising Star", 2018 - 2020
- New York Real Estate Journal's Women in Real Estate: Professional Services List, September 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Board Trustee, Member
- Columbian Lawyers Association, Board Member & Member
- Bay Ridge Lawyers Association, Member