Yulian Shtern is an Associate at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara & Wolf, LLP.
Yulian provides advice and guidance to health care providers on regulatory and corporate matters. He counsels a broad range of health care providers, including physicians, physical therapists, nursing homes, ambulette service providers, dialysis facilities, home health agencies, ambulatory surgery centers, adult care facilities, and diagnostic & treatment centers. Yulian assists clients in developing and implementing effective corporate compliance and HIPAA compliance programs.
Yulian also represents practitioners and other business owners in controversy matters, including regulatory enforcement actions, provider audits, overpayment recovery actions, government investigations and adverse credentialing actions.
Yulian monitors the rapidly changing developments in laws and regulations affecting the health care industry. Yulian has focused on the various laws and regulations affecting businesses and entrepreneurs involved with the production and dispensing of cannabis and medical marijuana.
Yulian has been selected as a “Rising Star” in New York Health Care Law by “Super Lawyers” in 2016. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Prior to joining Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara & Wolf, LLP, Yulian Shtern was a fellow at the New York State Supreme Court, Second Department Appellate Term. Yulian is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of Albany Law School of Union University, where he was an active member of the Albany Law Review and participated in appellate and trial moot court competitions. Yulian is also a Summa Cum Laude graduate of the State University of New York at Albany, where he completed the 3+3 Law Program. Yulian is admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. (Magna Cum Laude)
- Member of the Albany Law Review
- The State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York
Honors and Awards
- New York Metro Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2016)
- Dean Sponsler Honors Teaching Fellowship
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
Publications and Media
Classes and Seminars
- Medical Marijuana In New York, New York State Bar Association (October 2016)
- Medical Cannabis Legal Primer: Guidance and Assurance for the Healthcare, CWCBExpo (June 2016)
- Marijuana and the Law/Pot Pourri, Theodore Roosevelt American Inn of Court, Nassau County Bar Association (April 2016)
- The Times They Are A-Changing: State Medical & Recreational Marijuana Laws, Nassau County Bar Association (February 2016)