Elizabeth Kase is a Partner at Abrams Fensterman where she specializes in criminal law and mental hygiene law. Previously, she was a Partner at Kase & Druker and also served as an Assistant District Attorney in New York County where she honed her investigatory and trial skills and prosecuted hundreds of cases pertaining to street crime, domestic violence, white collar crime, sex crimes and cyber-crime.
Elizabeth is known as a leading criminal defense attorney on Long Island. She has defended large-scale federal and state criminal matters including public corruption cases, mortgage fraud, and embezzlement schemes as well as DWIs. She balances this work against a well-developed juvenile defense practice helping children navigate the criminal justice system with a therapeutic approach.
Elizabeth is dedicated to helping the community. She serves as Village Justice of Baxter Estates in Port Washington. Elizabeth also serves as a pro bono staff attorney for the Nassau Coalition Against Domestic Violence (The Safe Center), sits on the Board of Directors of the North Shore Child and Family Guidance Center, and is a dedicated volunteer at UJA-Federation.
In 2007, Elizabeth was named to the Long Island Business News (LIBN) "40 Rising Stars Under 40", and in 2013, LIBN named her to the "Top 50 Influential Women on Long Island" for her professional accomplishments and contributions to Long Island. In January 2014, she was named Pro Bono Attorney of the Month by the Nassau County Bar Association. She is a frequent lecturer and commentator on matters pertaining to criminal law, evidence and social media and our youth.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1999
- Awards: Order of the Barristers, Moot Court Honor Society Medalist
- Smith College, 1994
- Awards: Jean Picker Scholar Program in Government
Professional Associations & Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Defenders Association
- Nassau County Criminal Courts Bar Association
- Yashaar, Hadassah
- Theodore Roosevelt Inn of Court
- Long Island Women's Philanthropy, Business and Professionals Chair
- Village Justice, Baxter Estates, Port Washington, New York
- Nassau Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Safe Center of Long Island, Volunteer Attorney
- Board Member, North Shore Child and Family Guidance
- Chairwoman, UJA-Long Island Women in Business and Philanthropy
- 2014, Pro Bono Attorney of the Month, Nassau County Bar Association
- 2013, Top 50 Influential Women on Long Island, LIBN
- 2007, Top 40 Under 40, LIBN
Classes / Seminars
- Social Media Safety, St. Mary's Elementary School PTO (November 2014)
Publications & Media