Moriah Adamo is a partner at Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara & Wolf, LLP.
Ms. Adamo represents nursing facilities and individuals in all aspects of securing third party benefits, including Medicaid. Ms. Adamo focuses her practice on navigating clients through complicated Medicaid Managed Care regulations through the application and appeals process. She distinguishes herself as a litigator pursing maximization of Medicaid benefits and priority of reimbursement in the context of Article 81 Guardianship, Article 78 and estate proceedings. Additionally, Ms. Adamo counsels clients with respect to all Medicaid benefits, including advocating for increased home care hours, reversing penalty periods, and eliminating findings of excess resources.
Ms. Adamo is a frequent lecturer on the various Medicaid and estate planning topics. Ms. Adamo has co-authored published articles examining various issues involving maximization of Medicaid benefits. She is the past co-chair of the Nassau County Bar Association’s Elder Law, Social Services & Health Advocacy Committee current chair of the Nassau County Guardianship Task Force and active member of the New York State Bar Association's Elder Law and Special Needs Section's Legislative Committee.
Prior to joining Abrams Fensterman, Ms. Adamo was an associate at a boutique long island elder law firm. There, in addition to Medicaid practice, Ms. Adamo worked on all aspects of Article 81 guardianship proceedings, uncontested and contested probate proceedings, and formulating and executing asset protection plans.
Ms. Adamo graduated from Arizona State University, manga cum laude, and Touro Law School, summa cum laude. At Touro Law School, Ms. Adamo was a faculty fellow, recipient of a judicial clerkship fellowship, a merit scholar, and a member of the moot court team.
Ms. Adamo has been selected as a "Rising Star" in New York Elder Law by "Super Lawyers" since 2014. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude, Faculty Fellow, Recipient of a Judicial Clerkship Fellowship, Merit Scholar, Moot Court Team Member
- Arizona State University
Honors and Awards
- New York Metro Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2014 – Present)
- The Coming Crisis in Appointing Art. 81 Guardians, The Nassau Lawyer, June 2016 (co-author)
- Reflecting on Scope of Guardianship Appointments, New York Law Journal, Outside Counsel, November 20, 2011 (co-author)
- The Provider's Role in Proving Undue Hardship, New York Bar Association, Elder and Special Needs Law Journal, Fall 2012 (assisted)
- Paying for Long-Term Care, New York State Bar Association Journal, July/August 2011 (co-author)
- Covering Guardianship Costs in a Post-‘Deanna W’ World, New York Law Journal, Outside Counsel, January 6, 2011 (co-author)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nassau County Bar Association's Community Relations & Public Education Committee, Vice Chair
- New York State Bar Association, Elder Law Section, Member
- Co-Chair of the Nassau County Bar Associations' Elder Law, Social Services and Health Advocacy Committee
- Chair of the Nassau County Guardianship Task Force.