Regulatory and Corporate Compliance, Healthcare Fraud and Abuse
Physicians; healthcare facilities, agencies and healthcare professionals; and businesses in the healthcare field are required to adhere to an increasingly complex series of laws and regulations concerning how the business of healthcare should be conducted. Failure to do so can result in significant penalties and sanctions, and can bring about the end of a career or business.
Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of the regulatory and corporate compliance issues that the healthcare industry faces on a daily basis. We represent clients ranging from new and existing practices, facilities, agencies and programs; providers that want to properly structure their businesses and ownership/financial relationships and ensure compliance, to those who have run aground of a regulatory issue and need to quickly take corrective action.
Our areas of expertise include:
• Corporate Compliance programs meant to curb fraud and abuse;
• Federal and State voluntary self-disclosures;
• Federal and State Anti-Kickback Laws and regulations;
• Federal Stark Law and regulations and State physician self-referral laws;
• the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA);
• the Health Insurance Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, Title XIII of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (the HITECH Act);
• Internal and External Audits;
• Professional Misconduct and professional ethics; and
• All other Federal, State and local administrative and regulatory matters concerning how to manage the business of healthcare and medicine in a responsible and proactive manner.
For further information about how the experienced attorneys at Abrams Fensterman assists clients with all their regulatory compliance needs, please contact our law firm in Long Island at 516-328-2300, New York City at 212-279-9200, Brooklyn at 718-272-6040 or Rochester, New York, at 585-218-9999, to schedule an initial consultation.