Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara & Einiger, LLP is pleased to present the following Education Program:
Control Receivables and Manage Liabilities
May 3, 2011
LaGuardia Airport Hotel
100-15 Ditmars Blvd.
E. Elmhurst, NY 11369
This program has been submitted (but not yet approved) for 5 hours of continuing education clock hours from NAB/NCERS
7:30 - 8:30 Registration and Complimentary Continental Kosher Breakfast
8:30 - 8:45 Welcome and Introduction
Patrick Formato, Esq.
8:45- 9:15 Overview of Obstacles to Collection
Nancy Levitin, Esq.
• Restrictive Laws and Regulations: What we are not allowed to do
• Residents and their Representatives: How they make our lives difficult
• Logistical Challenges: Why we cannot just "put a lien" on someone's house
9:15-10:15 Unresponsive Family Members
Nancy Levitin Esq.
• When should you do more than just bill a child?
• How can you benefit most from a signed admission agreement?
• What can you do to stop a growing debt?
10:15-10:30 Coffee Break
10:30-11:30 Medicaid, Medicaid, Medicaid
Moriah Adamo, Esq.
• Thank goodness for precautionary applications
• Getting Medicaid for competent residents
• Getting Medicaid for incapacitated residents
• Advocacy and the Medicaid Agency
11:30-12:15 Involuntary Discharges for Non-Payment
Betsy R. Malik, Esq.
• When are they permitted?
• What is the process?
• Case studies and practice tips
12:15-1:30 Complimentary Kosher Lunch
• Abrams, Fensterman, Fensterman, Eisman, Formato, Ferrara & Einiger, LLP • 1111 Marcus Avenue, Suite 107 • Lake Success, New York 11042• (516) 328-2300 •
2:30-3:45 Employment/Labor Issues
Sharon P. Stiller, Esq.
• Statute and case law update
• Misclassification of workers
• Employment Contracts
• FMLA and disability related issues
• Employment related audits
Registration Information : This education program is open to everyone in the Nursing Home profession. Registration is required for all individuals wishing to attend the program.
TO REGISTER : Fax this form to (516) 368-9510 so that it is received no later than April 15, 2011 or by calling
Valerie Sherack or Meghan Ivory at (516) 328-1763.
PLEASE NOTE : Separate forms must be received by our office for each individual who wishes to attend the program. Each facility is limited to five (5) attendees. All registrations must be received before April 15, 2011. There will be NO available registration after that date. If you need to contact our office regarding a substitution after April 15, 2011 or if you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at (516) 328-2300.
This program is provided as a courtesy to our friends and clients. There is NO applicable registration fee.
This program has been submitted (but not yet approved) for 5 hours of continuing education clock hours from NAB/NCERS.
Please type or print neatly.
Name : _______________________________________________________________________________
Title & Position : ______________________________________________________________________
Organization : _________________________________________________________________________
Address : ____________________________________________________________________________
Telephone : (_______)___________________________ E-Mail: ____________________________
A separate registration form must be submitted for all those wishing to attend the program. This form may be copied. Each facility is limited to no more than five (5) attendees.